Friday, December 02, 2005

It is well with my soul....

Have you ever been asked to give up your most precious possession?
How about your most cherished gift from a dear loved one?
What was your response?

Now compare that with the God of love... the Creator of all things... The King of Kings not only asking you to give up your most cherished possessions, but the person you cherish the most. Is there any kind of theme...here???

Ask a guy named Abraham... Well... at first his name was Abram... God introduced Himself to Abram and shortly thereafter told him to leave everything he ever knew to go to a place he had never been. He continued to promise Abram that He really did have his best interest at heart... Well... That's not so bad you say.... It was probably a nice change of pace for good ole Abram...

Hmm... let's fast forward towards the end of Abraham's life..... God had made a promise to him that Sarah (his wife) would have a child... The only thing was he had to wait lots of YEARS... Abraham was 100 YEARS OLD!!!!! If you think that's crazy... it gets even worse... or better... (depends on perspective)....

Would you believe that God called Abraham to SACRIFICE ie KILL the child of promise the SON HE LOVED(Isaac)???? How INSANE is that????? What did Abraham do??? The next morning he set out to follow the Lord's instructions... Talk about OBEDIENCE..... I cannot even imagine that... How did he feel? Betrayed??? Depressed??? Mournful??? I can only imagine....It's a good thing God was just testing Abraham and did not allow him to follow through that time....

All this to say, I am facing some pretty big hurtles right now actually.... I've been called to give up a very cherished person in my life... Someone I have most definitely come to love.... It's definitely something I am very unhappy about not to mention a bit dazed and confused..... Could be for a season.... Could be for good.... Only the Father knows.... He is the only one who will always be consistently there for me and His grace will always abound... He is my hope and in Him I choose to place my trust... It's interesting how over time it doesn't necessarily get easier to trust God with your heart and the people near and dear to your heart... but the out come is always positive IF you follow through and step out in faith that He has your best interest at heart.... and so I find myself at this crossroad once more....

Do I trust Him? Or do I fall into bitterness, selfish anger, and self-pity? I must say though it's never easy to hang in there and trust Him with the deepest darkest desires of your heart..... Past experience tells me that it is surely the best answer... The other will just drain the life out of you second by second.. minute by minute.. hour by hour... day by day... month by month..... I know.. because I've tried the other choices.... and at times like this they even seem a little appetizing... Let's hope I continue to choose Him.......
Free Web Counter
Dentist North Carolina