Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Conviction

So there I was... sitting in my stateroom had a few minutes to sit down, take a deep breath, and read through a little "My Utmost For His Highest" this morning.... And BAM..... I get slapped in the face by reading a few little statements that were written many years ago by a person who is no longer facing the challenges of carnal humanity...

When I read quotes like :
Am I prepared to trust the penetration of His Word into my heart, or would I prefer to trust my own "innocent ignorance?"

I do not have much choice but to take heed that these lines were specifically designed to get my attention.... I might as well read it as "the penetration of GODSWORD".... (The word tattoo' d on my back w/ a sword piercing a flaming, stone encrusted heart)

As much as I would like to scream at the top of my lungs YES YES YES... I am fully prepared to let the sword of His Word pierce my heart... I am faced with the task of becoming wholeheartedly obedient... which is what I desire... but so often I balk at the prospect of admitting publically that I was wrong... or apologizing to a co-worker or friend for something... or whatever the call might be... I so often just long a little bit to trust some innocent ignorance... which really might be more like ignorant innocence... The worst part part is that there is no excuse if you know better....

Yes... we have the freedom to choose due to the loving nature of an all powerful, omnipotent God.... I am becoming more and more appreciative of His care, but it surely does not ever get any easier to submitt... To lay down life out of love so speak in total obedience, so that His will should prevail... and in turn His Kingdom be advanced in the life I've been graced with stewardship over.... which has been purposed to spread the Kingdom thru the quality of the relationships I have been blessed with... Craziness...

All this to say, I've been convicted on an issue... I should stop typing... and go make amends Math5:23-24 style...
Free Web Counter
Dentist North Carolina